Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Yves Boulais (husband of former WTA player Patricia Hy-Boulais); trains in Washington DC
- Parents, Albert and Carole, are retired; sister is Sarah McGlannery (formerly coached her), brother is Daniel
- Started playing tennis at age 3 (siblings did and father started her too)
- Aggressive style of play; liked watching Monica Seles
- Earned tennis scholarship to Vanderbilt University in summer 2009; after good results and finding backing decided to play on WTA
- Enjoys writing (keeps a journal), reading and spending time with family and friends
- If hadn't been a tennis player, would have gone into medicine.
Return to > Players > A > Alison Riske Profile (Biography)