Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Nigel Sears; fitness trainer is Scott Byrnes
- Mother, Dragana, is a lawyer; father, Miroslav, is a businessman; brother, Milos, is four years Ana's junior; whole family likes sports, but none played tennis before Ana
- Started playing tennis at age 5 after watching it on TV (in particular Monica Seles), remembering phone number to a local tennis school and begging parents to take her; was given a racquet for fifth birthday and immediately fell in love with the game
- Best shot is forehand; likes all surfaces
- Sometimes prepares for matches by doing Sudoku in locker room
- Likes watching movies (especially thrillers), reading and listening to music (pop and R&B); also enjoys shopping, fashion; favorite TV shows are 24, Lost, Prison Break
- Favorite food is sushi; favorite drinks are water, orange juice and Starbucks Green Tea Lattes
- Superstition is to not walk on lines of the court
- Speaks fluent English, Serbian and some Spanish
- Favorite places to visit are Melbourne, where she has some family, Mallorca, Paris and Rome
- Self-described as strong-willed, sensitive, determined and extremely competitive
- Most admires her family for all their support
- Admires Roger Federer for his professionalism
- Serbian President Boris Tadic attended her 20th birthday party.
Return to > Players > A > Ana Ivanovic Profile (Biography) (Ana Ivanovic Pictures)