Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Milan Martinec; fitness trainer is Ladislav Olasz; trains at Slovak National Tennis Centre
- Parents are Yuraj and Martina; has two younger siblings, brother Yuraj Jr. and sister Kristina (a highly ranked junior player)
- Began playing at age 7 when parents introduced her to the sport (didn't like her first lesson but grew to love it); decided she wanted to take it more seriously when she became the Under 12 No.1 in Slovakia
- Favorite shot is crosscourt backhand; favorite surface is hard; favorite tournament is Roland Garros
- Speaks Slovak and English
- Best memory is finishing runner-up to Annika Beck in French Open junior final in 2012
- Enjoys biology, painting, photography and reading
- Self-described as quiet and shy.
Return to > Players > A > Anna Schmiedlova Profile (Biography)