Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Junichi Maruyama; trains at National Tennis Center in Japan
- Mother, Hiromi, is a homemaker (former volleyball player); father, Tomohiro, is a technician for an electrical company; has one brother, Kazuhiro
- Started playing tennis at age 7 with her family
- Favorite shot is forehand; favorite surfaces are grass, hard
- Enjoys action movies, rock music, golf, movies and shopping
- Self-described as easy-going
- Most admires Ai Sugiyama for working hard and Justine Henin for her attitude on and off court
- Biggest goal is to win a Grand Slam.
Return to > Players > A > Ayumi Morita Profile (Biography)