Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Adam Altschuler
- Father, Tim, is an accountant; mother, Heidi, is a nurse; has two brothers, Chad and Andrew, and one sister, Alison
- Married Justin Sands on November 29, 2008; the couple resides in Phoenix, Arizona with beloved dog Ruger (a boerboel mastiff)
- Began playing tennis at age 5; made pro debut at age 14, began playing full-time on the tour in 2005
- Plays a versatile, all-court style combining speed, determination, skill and agility around the net
- In fall 2012 after experiencing chronic fatigue, she was diagnosed with 26 severe food allergies including many of her favorite foods
- Was chosen by Google as first pro athlete "Glass Explorer"
- Often referred to as America's Tennis Rock Star for her colorful apparel and hair and signature knee-high compression socks
- Enjoys cars, the outdoors, shopping, cooking, watching the Green Bay Packers and TV shows Law & Order SVU, and relaxing by the pool
- Best tennis memories include winning 2011 Hopman Cup and 2012 Australian Open mixed doubles title.
Return to > Players > B > Bethanie Mattek-Sands Profile (Biography)