Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age 11 after his mother, Nancy, who played tennis at Univ. of Iowa, signed him up for a summer round-robin league; Father, Dennis, is a group controller; younger sister, Kathryn, younger brother, Brian, are both students at Univ. of Santa Clara (freshman and senior, respectively)
- Comes from Poway, Calif., 30 minutes northeast of San Diego
- Growing up, admired countrymen Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick
- Favourite surface is hard courts and considers serve and forehand as best shots
- Big fan of Stanford college football and San Diego Chargers (NFL). Also follows San Jose Sharks (NHL) since his brother attends nearby Santa Clara
- Won 2010 NCAA singles title at Stanford University, school's 14th collegiate singles title and 1st singles title since 2000. Played 4 years at Stanford (2009-12) and All-American from 2010-12). Named ITA National Rookie of the Year for the 2008-09 season
- Earned economics degree at Stanford in 2012. Recipient (1 of 100 students) of Award of Excellence selected by professors, administrators and coaches (football star Andrew Luck also received award)
- Considers qualifying at US Open in 2012 and beating Jurgen Melzer in 5 sets for 1st win as biggest moment of career so far and favourite tournament is US Open because of atmosphere and energy around the grounds.
Return to > Players > B > Bradley Klahn Profile (Biography)