Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Timothy Nichols and father, Chan Fo Cheng
- Mother's name is Cheng Mei Yu; has one brother, Chan Hao Yu
- Introduced to tennis at age 10 by father
- Played Junior Fed Cup
- Speaks Chinese and a little English
- Favorite music is Chinese; favorite food is Chinese
- Enjoys going to movies and listening to music
- Favorite place is Japan because it is clean
- Favorite thing about being a tennis player is playing at the Grand Slams; least favorite thing is not having much time at home
- Goal is to reach the Top 100.
Return to > Players > C > Chin-Wei Chan Profile (Biography)