Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing at age two
- Father, Javier, is a chemist; Mother, Marisol, is a nurse
- Has three brothers, Carlos (older) and Miguel and Victor (younger)
- During junior career, in 2003 won European Championships (d. Baghdatis) in Switzerland and won five other titles in a row before losing in final at Italian Open juniors (l. to Almagro)
- Also a QF at Roland Garros (d. Djokovic, l. to Tsonga)
- Finished No. 4 in world junior rankings in '03
- Hobbies include watching car and motorcycle races, basketball and his favourite is football
- Considers clay his favorite surface and forehand and serve as best shots
- Coached by Francisco Fogues (since March 2013).
Return to > Players > D > Daniel Gimeno-Traver Profile (Biography)