Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Ricardo Sanchez
- Father, Igor, is a computer scientist; mother, Marianna, is a toxicologist; older brother, Igor, is an architect in Bratislava
- All-court game; favorite surface is grass; favorite event is Wimbledon
- Trained at Bollettieri Academy between ages 16 and 18
- Qualified for top university in Slovakia but deferred it to pursue tennis
- Speaks Slovak, English, German; learning Italian
- Studied classical piano between ages 6 and 14
- Has a charity, the DH Foundation, which helps causes in Slovakia and around the world, including Cambodian charity House Of The Smile, which treats HIV positive orphans
- Favorite foods are sushi and seafood, and is a keen cook; works on healthy recipes at home and loves cookbooks
- Favorite song is 'One' by U2 & Mary J. Blige; favorite book is Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz and The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho; favorite movie is Gladiator; favorite actors are Brad Pitt and George Clooney
- Favorite designers are Armani, Cavalli, Dior and Missoni; loves fashion and created her own line of DH shirts to sell on behalf of her DH Foundation charity
- Favorite city is Rome and likes to visit Cape Town
- Also enjoys skiing, skating, roller blading, swimming, jet skiing
- Admires Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher.
Return to > Players > D > Daniela Hantuchova Profile (Biography) (Daniela Hantuchova Pictures)