Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Born in Kiev, Ukraine and came over on first birthday to Fairfax, Va. with parents
- Father is a housing architect; mother, is a housewife
- Has one older brother, Nikita (23), who is a student at Univ. of Maryland
- Began playing tennis at age seven and went to an academy in Burke, Va. where he was coached by Frank Salazar
- At age 13, moved to Arlington, Va. where he now spends part of year along with Boca Raton, Fla. where he trains
- Was home-schooled since ninth grade and at age 16 was interested in attending Univ. of Southern California but decided to turn pro
- .Won Orange Bowl 16s title in '09 and turned pro afterwards
- Reached final at US Open juniors in 2010, losing to countryman Jack Sock
- Ranked as high as No. 3 that year
- Was a practice partner on US Davis Cup team for first round tie in Serbia in March 2010
- Considers hard courts as favorite surface
- Coached by former ATP pro and USTA Player Development Coach Diego Moyano (since Nov. 2010).
Return to > Players > D > Denis Kudla Profile (Biography)