Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing satellites and future tournaments at age 16, then moved on to challengers
- Father, Daniel, is a salesman; mother, Maria Julia, a computer science teacher; older brother Mariano is also a salesman, younger sisters Ignacia (currently studying Industrial Engineering) and Josefina (studying Architecture)
- Comes from town of Tandil (population 110,000) and has produced ATP pros Juan Martin del Potro, Maximo Gonzalez, Juan Monaco and Mariano Zabaleta
- Raul Perez Roldan, father of former Top 20 pro Guillermo, created a strong training school (players not only came from Tandil, but also from cities nearby)
- Enjoys playing soccer and harmonica when he travels (sometimes turning on music and trys to follow it with his instrument)
- Favorite rock bands are mainly Argentine and Uruguayan: No te va a gustar, La Velga Puerta, Attaque77
- Considers fitness and mentality as strengths
- Favorite surface is clay and forehand his best shot
- Best moment of his career thus far was qualifying at Roland Garros in 2008 and reaching the second round
- Coached by countryman Wally Grinovero.
Return to > Players > D > Diego Junqueira Profile (Biography)