Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Fabrice Vetea Santoro
- Nicknamed “The Magician” by Pete Sampras after losing in three sets in 3rd RD of Indian Wells in 2002
- Captured 1988 Orange Bowl 16s title and was a member of the winning Sunshine Cup team
- The French 12s, 14s and 16s champion and finalist in European Championships
- Won 1989 Roland Garros juniors title (d. Palmer), saving two match points
- Finished as the No. 2 junior in the world in 1989
- His father was a goalkeeper in soccer in France’s second division
- Enjoys skiing, soccer and Formula One racing
- Has a collection of classic tennis racquets and aspires to having a tennis museum at home
- Lists France’s World Cup victory in 1998 as most thrilling sports memory
- Fan of Chelsea soccer club
- Moved to Switzerland in 2002
- Has a 15-11 career Davis Cup record (9-5 in doubles) in 17 ties since 1991
- Coached by countryman Lionel Zimbler.
Return to > Players > F > Fabrice Santoro Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Fabrice Santoro Pictures)