Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Florent Lucien Serra
- Began playing tennis at age seven with his father, Jean-Luc, who was born in Casablanca, and got him involved at his local tennis club in Bordeaux
- Mother, Martine, is a secretary in Bordeaux
- Tennis was always his sport of choice and he remained in Bordeaux until he was 18 in order to finish his degree in economics with honors
- After finishing his studies, moved to Paris to train at Roland Garros under national training program
- Wanted to continue his studies and did some correspondence courses to focus on English, but realized that it was too difficult while focusing on a pro tennis career
- Admired Thomas Enqvist and Carlos Moya growing up
- Favorite surface is clay and best shot is forehand
- Married to SÚverine de Cordova (7 July 2012)
- Fitness trainer is Paul Quetin.
Return to > Players > F > Florent Serra Profile (Biography) (Florent Serra Pictures)