Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
Started playing tennis at age 5
- Father, Christian Kurt, is a director, mother, Lone Lochte works as an acupuncturist
- Has one brother, Sebastian Lochte
- Speaks English, German, Swedish, Norwegian
- Grandfather is former Danish tennis player Kurt Nielsen
- Fan of FC Liverpool soccer team
- Nicknamed "The Turtle" by friends
- Grew up idolizing Patrick Rafter, Andre Agassi and Stefan Edberg
- Big music fan
- Enjoys Radiohead, Air, Pearl Jam, Massive Attack, U2
- Favorite surface is indoor hard
- Coached by John Larsen (since 1991) and Nils Trier Madsen (since 1994).
Return to > Players > F > Frederik Nielsen Profile (Biography)