Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Alejo Mancisidor
- Mother is Scarlet Blanco; father is Jose Antonio Muguruza; brothers are Asier (an engineer) and Igor (an economist); mother is from Venezuela, father is from Spain
- Began playing at age 3; first tennis memory was playing with her brothers
- Aggressive style of play; favorite surface is hard; favorite shot is serve
- Speaks Spanish and English
- Enjoys cooking, reading, listening to music
- Favorite tennis players growing up were Serena Williams and Pete Sampras.
Return to > Players > G > Garbine Muguruza Profile (Biography)