Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age 8-9 because of his older brother, Jurgen, who is a professional tennis player and his idol growing up
- Father, Rudolf, and mother, Michaela
- Speaks English and German
- .Considers clay is his favorite surface and backhand his favourite shot
- Favourite tournament is Houston
- Enjoys fishing as a hobby
- If he wasn't a tennis player he would be a football player
- Favourite football team is Austria Vienna
- Goal in tennis is to be in the top 100 as soon as possible
- Best memory in tennis was winning a doubles challenger in Austria with his brother in 2008
- Trains in Linz, Austria.
Return to > Players > G > Gerald Melzer Profile (Biography)