Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Nicknamed "Mulles"
- Parents are Marcel, who is a postal worker, and Miriam, who is a housewife
- His brother Patrick works for a security company
- Admires Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras
- Attended high school in Luxumbourg until he was 16, then moved to France
- Completed one more year of schooling there
- Finished as No. 1 junior in world in 2001 and won US Open junior title (d. Wang) and runner-up at Wimbledon (l. to Valent) that year
- Speaks French, English, German and Luxembourgish
- Enjoys music and going out with friends
- Enjoys all sports, especially soccer
- Has a 30-16 career Davis Cup record (19-10 in singles) in 19 ties
- Works with physical trainer Marc Dollendorf (since 2006)
- Coached by Jean-Luc Fontanot and Boris Vallejo.
Return to > Players > G > Gilles Muller Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Gilles Muller Pictures)