Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age six
- Nickname is Gilou
- As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in order to be a great player"
- Father, Daniel, works for an insurance company while mother Mireille is a doctor
- Older brother Jean-Marie is an engineer
- Favorite French player all-time is Cedric Pioline
- Hobbies include video games, rollerblading and movies
- His girlfriend, Carine Lauret, gave birth to son, Timothée, on 2 September 2010…
Considers his backhand his best shot
- Friends on tour include fellow Frenchmen Gael Monfils, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Josselin Ouanna
- If he could choose a tournament to win one day it would be Roland Garros
- As a kid, always dreamed of playing on a packed center court
- Best moment in his career thus far is beating No. 1 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals of Madrid in October 2008
- Fitness trainer is Paul Quetin and coached by former ATP pro Thierry Tulasne.
Return to > Players > G > Gilles Simon Profile (Biography) (Gilles Simon Pictures)