Gilles Simon Bio
- Began playing tennis at age six
- Nickname is "Gilou"
- As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in order to be a great player"
- Father, Daniel, works for an insurance company while mother Mireille is a doctor
- Older brother Jean-Marie is an engineer
- Favorite French player all-time is Cedric Pioline
- Hobbies include video games, rollerblading and movies
- Fiancé, Carine; sons, Timothé (born September 2, 2010) and Valentin (September 9, 2013)
- Considers his backhand his best shot
- Friends on tour include fellow Frenchmen Gael Monfils, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Josselin Ouanna
- If he could choose a tournament to win one day it would be Roland Garros
- As a kid, always dreamed of playing on a packed center court
- Best moment in his career thus far is beating No. 1 Rafael Nadal in the semifinals of Madrid in October 2008
- Fitness trainer is Paul Quetin.
Return to > Players > G > Gilles Simon Profile (Biography) (Gilles Simon Pictures)