Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began to play tennis at age five
- Only child of father, Dimitar, who is a tennis coach, and mother, Maria, who is a sports teacher and former volleyball player
- Speaks Bulgarian and English
- Considers favourite shot backhand down the line and favourite surfaces are hard court and grass
- Ambition is to be World No. 1
- Idol is growing up was Pete Sampras
- Hobbies include cars, computers and watches
- Compiled outstanding junior results, finishing as No. 3 junior in world in 2008
- Captured Wimbledon and US Open junior titles and advanced to QF at Roland Garros in '08
- In '07, reached Orange Bowl final in Miami (l. to Berankis).
Return to > Players > G > Grigor Dimitrov Profile (Biography)