Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Nickname is "Guille" or "Willy"
- Began playing tennis at seven years old
- Father, Juan Garcia Ballesteros, is a teacher
- Mother, Paqui Lopez Cuesta, is a nurse
- Has one younger brother, Juan
- Enjoys playing football and skiing
- Follows results and supports FC Barcelona
- Practices often with fellow resident Juan Carlos Ferrero
- Athletes who inspired him are Zinedine Zidane, Pete Sampras and Michael Jordan
- Favourite movie is Gladiator and book is Da Vinci Code
- His favourite surface is clay and best shot is backhand down the line
- Says greatest match he ever seen was countryman Sergi Bruguera's five-set win over Jim Courier in 1993 Roland Garros final
- Considers his biggest win over No. 5 Carlos Moya in first round of 2005 Australian Open, which allowed him to break Top 100 for first time
- Considers one of his best wins was beating then World No. 1 Rafael Nadal at Bangkok in October 2010
- Fitness trainer is Jose Maria Castillo.
Return to > Players > G > Guillermo Garcia-Lopez Profile (Biography)