Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Wim Fissette in Belgium
- Parents are Pavel and Nataliya (have a business in Russia); brother is 10 years older (is her "best friend in the world")
- Began playing at age 4; parents played in a park near their apartment in Moscow - she tried it and liked it, and the next day went to her first tennis lesson
- Favorite shots are forehand and serve, but also backhand and volleys; wants to keep improving all shots
- Likes all surfaces but loves grass because it's special
- As a junior, favorite tournaments were Wimbledon and Roland Garros
- Favorite movies include Gladiator, the Twilight series and James Bond series
- Likes different kinds of music, anything with a good rhythm that gives her energy
- Also enjoys spending time with family, having fun with friends and reading books; wants to learn to speak Dutch.
Return to > Players > I > Irina Khromacheva Profile (Biography)