Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age nine
- Father, Marko, is an electrician, and mother, Hazira, is a housewife
- Has one older brother, Vlado
- Speaks Croatian, Italian and English
- Escaped war-torn Bosnia at age 13 in 1992 and was one of the several players taken to Italy by a club that was reaching out to help children
- Reached final of Wimbledon Juniors in 1996, losing to Vladimir Voltchkov
- Bronze medallist in doubles at 2004 Athens Olympics Games (w/Ancic)
- Wife, Aida (married Nov. 8, 2004), son, Leonardo (born Nov. 5, 2008) and daughter, Zara (born Nov. 29, 2011)
- Enjoys scuba diving with his wife and takes diving holiday every year at end of season..Favorite spot is Maldives and says, "It's best place in the world. The coral reefs and sharks are amazing".
Began serving on ATP Player Council since 2002 and elected Vice-President from 2004-06 and and President from 2006-08
- In August 2008, elected as European player representative on ATP Board
- Then resigned position on Jan. 20, 2009 to give full attention on playing
- Was first active player to serve on Board since Paul Annacone in 1993
- Named 2007 ATP Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of Year for his off-court work with Special Olympics
- Coached by Italian Riccardo Piatti (since June 1997), physio is Dean Mistura and fitness coach is Dalibor Sirola (since September 2009).
Return to > Players > I > Ivan Ljubicic Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Ivan Ljubicic Pictures)