Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age six
- Tallest player (6’10”, 2.08m) to rank in Top 100 in history of ATP Rankings (since 1973)
- Father, Vlado, works as a meteorologist; mother, Gordana, works in agriculture
- Has one older sister, Anna, who used to play when she was younger
- Hobbies include playing basketball and going to movies
- Member of Croatia Davis Cup team since 2000 when he debuted against Ireland, winning dead rubber
- Appeared in starting line-up for first time in 2002 against Argentina in Buenos Aires, losing to Chela in second rubber and to Gaudio in fifth and decisive rubber
- Wife, Alsi (married Mar. 29, 2005), is Jamaican
- Coached by Romanian Cornel Simon and fitness trainer is Slaven Hrvoj.
Return to > Players > I > Ivo Karlovic Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Ivo Karlovic Pictures)