Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Speaks Czech and English
- Nickname is “Wayne”
- Started playing tennis aged seven, tagging along with his sister
- Father is Ludek; mother, Hana, is a teacher; sister, Katerina, is a secretary
- Favourite surface is hard
- Favourite shot is his serve
- Favourite tournament is the Australian Open
- Idol growing up was Ivan Lendl
- Hobbies include cars
- If he wasn't a tennis player, he liked to be a “cyclist, as my father used to do it”
- Goal in tennis is to rank “in the Top 100 and be a member of the Davis Cup team”.
Return to > Players > J > Jan Mertl Profile (Biography)