Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age four with his parents
- Father, Kauko, and mother, Leena, are retired chemists
- Has one older sister, Anna-Riikka, who is an editor at a publishing company
- Speaks Finnish, Swedish and English
- Enjoys hockey, badminton, soccer and listening to various types of music
- Won 1999 Junior US Open title over Denmark's Kristian Pless
- No. 9 in junior world rankings that year
- Former No. 1 Bjorn Borg watched his 2001 Stockholm final and said, “‘I think he could become a great personality”
- Wife, Anu Weckstrom is No. 1 badminton player in Finland (married June 11, 2005) and reached a career-high No. 13 in world
- Both members of Finland's 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympic team
- In November 2007, served a short stint in Finnish army
- Member of ATP Player Council from June 2010-June 2014.
Return to > Players > J > Jarkko Nieminen Profile (Biography) (Jarkko Nieminen Pictures)