Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Gavin Hopper (sometimes trains at his academy in Istanbul)
- Fell in love with Australia in her first trip to Australian Open as 14-year-old; now lives and trains in Gold Coast during off-season
- Started playing tennis at age 7
- Mother, Jarmila, and father, Jan, are both engineers; brother, Jan, is a former pro skier
- Granted Australian citizenship on November 23, 2009 (began competing for Australia immediately in WTA events)
- Likes all surfaces; prefers hardcourts
- Favorite shots are return, backhand
- Speaks English, German, Slovak; learning Spanish
- Loves shopping, fashion; likes watching DVDs on laptop
- Favorite food is sushi
- Admires Michael Jordan for his accomplishments
- Says best thing about being a tennis player is following your dream, doing what you love
- Goal is to reach Top 10.
Return to > Players > J > Jarmila Gajdosova Profile (Biography)