Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Alan Maric; off-court trainer is Slaven Hrvoj
- Started playing tennis at age 7, seriously at age 11
- Married Roko Tosic, Croatian table tennis representative, on July 8, 2006
- Father, Slobodan, is an external bank auditor; mother, Smiljana, a dental nurse; sister, Marina, is a student of economics; loves her nieces, Mia and Lana
- Entire family plays recreational tennis on private court
- Favorite color is blue; favorite flower is rose
- Enjoys comedies, with Tom Hanks topping her list of favorite actors
- Likes to read and listen to music (especially Croatian music) to relax
- Likes to play and watch sports, soccer and basketball the most
- Lists winning Australian Open juniors as her most memorable experience
- Admires Michael Jordan as the greatest sportsman of all time and Goran Ivanisevic, who comes from the same tennis club in Split.
Return to > Players > J > Jelena Kostanic Tosic Profile (Biography)