Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Started playing tennis aged five with his parents, who played tennis for fun
- Father, Jerzy, and mother, Anna Szalbot, were both professional volleyball players, who owned a chain of sports shops
- Idol growing up was Pete Sampras
- Likes all surfaces and favourite shot is forehand
- Hobbies include computers and computer games; considers himself very skilled with computers in general
- As a junior reached the 2007 US Open (l. to Berankis) and 2008 Roland Garros (l. to Yang) finals, reaching a junior career-high No. 5 in January 2008
- Made Davis Cup debut for Poland in July 2008
- Runs the Jerzyk Cup, promoting the sport to young children
- In July 2013, he was awarded the Gold Cross of Merit by Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski
- Strength and conditioning coach is Piotr Grabia.
Return to > Players > J > Jerzy Janowicz Profile (Biography)