Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing at age seven
- First name nickname is Jimmy and his junior coach Alen Ma called him that at age nine
- Father, Kuo Yen, is retired but helps coach his son
- Mother, Mei Fung Chao, is a doctor
- Has one older sister Yeu Chen
- A member of ITF Tournament Team, funded by Grand Slam Development Fund, as a junior and represented Chinese Taipei at team competitions in three age groups (14-under, 16-under, 18- under)
- Compiled an impressive junior career, reaching a career-high junior ranking of No. 3 in 2001 before finishing No. 5
- Reached final at Australian Open (l. to Janko Tipsarevic) and US Open (l. to Gilles Muller) and semifinals at Wimbledon (l. to Roman Valent) junior tournaments that year
- In his junior career, won eight singles and four doubles titles
- Has a 15-5 career Davis Cup record (10-3 in singles) in nine ties since making his debut in 2001.
Return to > Players > J > Jimmy Wang Profile (Biography)