Joao Souza Bio
- Full name is Jo„o Olavo Soares de Souza
- Nicknamed, 'Feij„o' (which means 'bean' in English)
- "Because of my colour and I like beans"
- Father, Milton Soares de Souza Junior, and mother, Maria AngÍla Lima
- Started playing tennis aged†nine in Mogi das Cruzes, at the Clube de Campo Mogi das Cruzes after watching his dad and sister Maria Clara play
- Moved to Rio de Janeiro in 2005 and since then trains with Ricardo Acioly, former Davis Cup captain and Fernando Meligeni's coach
- Plays with two-handed backhand
- Favourite surface is clay courts
- Idol growing up was Gustavo Kuerten
- Has a weird ability to count letters in a sentence. In a Davis Cup tie, players would challenge his ability on a daily basis and he never missed one
- Likes to listen to music, surf the internet and relax on the beach.
Return to > Players > J > Joao Souza Profile (Biography)