Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is Jose Javier Acasuso
- Nickname is Chucho
- Began playing tennis age two when his father, Jose Andres, who took him, brother, Juan Andres, and sister, Gabriela, to their grandfather’s (Juan Ruben) tennis club to take lessons
- Mother, Selva Monica, is a housewife
- His first instructor was Alberto “Zambo” Gonzalez and says, “Zambo, my grandfather and my father are very special people who I would like to recognize.”
- Played at Itapua Club and Club Progreso de Posadas in Misiones in his early career
- Played basketball and tennis as a child, but at age 12 decided to concentrate on tennis
- As a junior, received certificate of honor for Sports Achievement in 1992 and South American champion in 1996
- Plays right-handed but does everything else left-handed
- Has a 7-5 career Davis Cup record (5-3 in singles) in nine ties
- His favorite surface is clay and considers his serve and forehand as strengths
- Coached by countryman and former ATP pro Gabriel Markus (since December 2008).
Return to > Players > J > Jose Acasuso Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Jose Acasuso Pictures)