Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age nine
- Father, Rudolf, is a businessman and ex-mayor of his hometown Deutsch-Wagram; mother, Michaela, is a saleswoman and has one younger brother, Gerald
- Speaks German, English and French
- Childhood idols were Stefan Edberg, Michael Stich and Patrick Rafter
- Captured Wimbledon junior title (d. Pless) in 1999
- Hobbies include watching his favorite soccer team, Bayern Munich, playing golf and going to movies
- Favorite shot is backhand drop shot
- Fitness trainer is Jan Velthuis and coached by former ATP pro Joakim Nystrom (since November 2007).
Return to > Players > J > Jurgen Melzer Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Jurgen Melzer Pictures)