Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Carl Maes; fitness trainer and osteopath is is Sam Verslegers
- Father, Leo, was a soccer coach and Belgium's 1988 Player of the Year (deceased January 4, 2009); mother, Els, was a top gymnast in Belgium; has a younger sister, Elke (was ITF Junior Doubles World Champion)
- Married on July 13, 2007 to American pro basketball player Brian Lynch (who played for Antwerp Giants until May 2009); gave birth to first child, Jada Ellie Lynch, on February 27, 2008
- Player most admired is Steffi Graf
- Also enjoys soccer, squash, badminton, jet skiing
- Favorite movies are Gladiator, Hurricane
- Likes listening to Alterbridge, Anouk, Staind, Beyoncé
- Likes shopping in New York, Antwerp, London
- Ideal getaway is family holiday in mountains or water sports at beach
- Best memories are winning 2002 WTA Championships (first win over S.Williams in final), first Grand Slam title at 2005 US Open and winning 2009 US Open ("a fairytale comeback to share with my family forever").
Return to > Players > K > Kim Clijsters Profile (Biography)