Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Leonardo Martin Mayer
- Nicknamed "Leo"
- Began playing tennis at age nine
- Father, Orlando, works in a bank; mother, Estela, is a teacher
- Has two brothers Gabriel and Walter, one sister, Veronica
- .Considers clay as favourite surface and forehand as strength
- Favourite hobby is playing football
- One of top juniors in world in 2005, reaching a career-high No. 2 ranking in June before finishing No. 5
- Reached six consecutive finals from February to May, winning titles in Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil
- Also runner-up in Argentina and Brazil
- Later in season won Canadian junior title and followed with QF at US Open (d. Querrey, l. to eventual winner Sweeting), his best Grand Slam result
- In doubles, captured five titles in '05, including Roland Garros and Orange Bowl (boh w/Massa)
- .Lists Maradonna as the most inspirational person in his life
- If he wasn't a tennis player he would be a football player, most likely a goalkeeper.
Return to > Players > L > Leonardo Mayer Profile (Biography) (Leonardo Mayer Pictures)