Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Dmytro Brichek
- Father, Viktor, used to work in international relations for a nuclear power plant (now retired); mother, Larisa, is an economist; older sister, Oxana, is lawyer
- Started playing at age 6 when parents introduced her to the sport
- Moved to Kiev at age 17
- Studied at Physical Education & Sports in Ukraine for 1.5 years (no longer studying; hopes to return one day)
- Favorite shot is backhand
- Best tennis memory is 2013 Australian Open
- Admires Martina Hingis for her playing style; also liked watching Kafelnikov
- Speaks Russian, Ukrainian, English
- Enjoys watching sports, playing pool and hanging out with friends
- Favorite city is Kiev; favorite events are Australian Open, Wimbledon and Madrid.
Return to > Players > L > Lesia Tsurenko Profile (Biography)