Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is Luis Horna Biscari
- Nicknamed “Lucho”
- Father, Eliseo, is a mine engineer; mother, Carmen Viscari, is an administrator
- Grew up admiring former No. 1 and Roland Garros champion Thomas Muster
- Enjoyed an outstanding junior career, reaching final at Roland Garros in 1997 and winning doubles titles at Roland Garros (de Armas) and Wimbledon (w/Massu) that year
- Finished as No. 3 doubles player and No. 4 in singles in ‘97 and ranked No. 1 during ‘98
- Hobbies include watching his favorite soccer team (Alianza de Lima), playing golf, spending time with his family and listening to rock music
- Considers clay his favorite surface and strength of game his forehand
- A member of Peru’s Davis Cup team since 1995 with a 36-16 record (26-6 in singles) in 24 ties
- Wife, Ericka (married Nov. 22, 2003); daughter, Luna (born Apr. 25, 2003) and son, Emilio (born Oct. 30, 2005)
- Elected co-Vice President (w/Knowles) to ATP Player Council for 2004-05 term
- Coached by Francisco Mastelli (since February 2004).
Return to > Players > L > Luis Horna Profile (Biography) (Luis Horna Pictures)