Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Older sister, Barbara was Czech Republic national champion when growing up and is now a tennis coach so he followed her example
- Enjoyed playing hockey as a teenager and chose tennis over hockey at age 15
- In his spare time, likes roller-skating, going to cinema and playing hockey every week when at home during winter
- Father, Ales, works in business management and mother, Natasha, is a school teacher
- Both parents made sacrifices by moving with him to Prague to support his tennis career
- Grew up playing on clay courts
- Favorite shot is drop shot
- Idol growing up was Yevgeny Kafelnikov and also admires Canadian hockey player Mario Lemieux
- Has a 3-3 career Davis Cup record (2-2 in singles) in four ties
- Fitness trainer is Joe Ivanko and coached by former ATP pro David Prinosil.
Return to > Players > L > Lukas Dlouhy Profile (Biography) (Lukas Dlouhy Pictures)