Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing at age nine
- Father, Janusz, is a soccer coach; mother, Dorota
- Has a younger sister, Paulina, who is studying physiotherapy
- Strengths of game are serve, return and forehand and favorite surfaces are clay and slow hard courts
- His best junior Grand Slam result was QF at Wimbledon in singles and doubles in 2000
- Players he admired growing up were Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Stefan Edberg and Jonas Bjorkman
- Future goals are to rank in Top 30 in singles and establish himself in Top 10 in doubles
- Considers some of best moments of his career so far: reaching singles final in Belgrade in 2009, 3rd round at US Open in 2006, beating No. 6 Andy Roddick in Beijing in 2009 and winning doubles titles in Casablanca, Belgrade and Vienna in 2009.
Return to > Players > L > Lukasz Kubot Profile (Biography)