Mackenzie McDonald Bio
- Nicknamed “Mackie"
- . Began playing tennis at age 3 with his dad
- . Father, Michael, is an oral surgeon; mother, Vivian Young; sister, Dana Jones, was a gymnast and graduated from UCLA
- . Favourite shot is forehand, surface is hard court and tournament is US Open
- . Coached as a young child by Rosie Bareis, then by former Top 10 player Wayne Ferreira from age of 11
- . Trains at USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla. Trained as a junior at Claremont Hotel and Spa in Berkeley, Calif
- . Played college tennis at UCLA (2014-16), winning the 2016 NCAA singles and doubles titles before turning pro
- . If he wasn't playing on tour, he would be finishing his studies at UCLA
- . Idolized Roger Federer, NBA legend Kobe Bryant and former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden growing up
- . Big fan of NBA's Golden State Warriors
- . Fitness trainer is Brent Salazar.
Return to > Players > M > Mackenzie McDonald Profile (Biography)