Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age seven with his parents Guy (a professor of physical science) and Gisele (retired) who used to play at a local club
- Has one older sister, Stephanie
- Moved from Tunisia at an early age to France with his parents, who are from Brittany, a region in Northwest France
- Studied until the age of 24, and was working on a physical education degree before making a commitment to the pro level
- Prior to playing in Futures tournaments in 1999, played two years of second division club tennis in France
- Trained at French Tennis Federation at Roland Garros in Paris for two and a half years, then went to train alone, without a coach, before returning to the federation. Enjoys watching movies, especially thrillers, and follows television programs “24” and “Grey's Anatomy”
- Favorite soccer team is Paris Saint Germain
- About breaking into the Top 100 at age 29 “better now than never”
- Favorite surface is hard (indoor) and considers his physique, forehand and serve his biggest strengths
- Wife, Aude (married Sept. 25, 2004); son, Noah (born Dec. 31, 2006).
Return to > Players > M > Marc Gicquel Profile (Biography) (Marc Gicquel Pictures)