Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Started playing tennis because his older brother Raul (8 years older) played
- Raul went on to become a tennis coach with the Catalan Tennis Federation
- Reached semifinal of his first-ever ATP tournament appearance in Stuttgart in 2001
- After two wins in qualifying, he won four more matches, including a win over boyhood idol Sergi Bruguera
- Since then has struggled in Challenger circuit tournaments
- Admits it's been frustrating at times
- Goal is to break into the Top 100
- Father is Eduardo Lopez and mother is Pilar Tarres
- Speaks some English
- Enjoys going to movies and listening to music.
Return to > Players > M > Marc Lopez Profile (Biography) (Marc Lopez Pictures)