Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Played with his father and two older brothers, Marinos and Petros, who played Davis Cup. Father Christos owns a clothing store in Cyprus
- Mother's name is Andry
- Has a younger sister Zena, who was adopted when she was one month old
- No. 1 junior in 2003 with Australian Open juniors title and runner-up at US Open juniors in 2002-03
- Won nine junior titles. Prefers hard courts. Considers himself a baseliner, with his serve and his forehand his biggest weapons
- Biggest idol as a kid was Patrick Rafter, but also looked up to Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras
- Enjoys playing and watching soccer. Favourite soccer team is Apollo in Cyprus
- "Man of the Year" in Cyprus in 2005
- Trained at the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy in Paris on an Olympic Solidarity Youth Development Programme Scholarship since age 13
- Physio is Davor Lukic
- Wife, Karolina Sprem, a WTA Tour player
- Married 14 July 2012 in Croatia
- Daughter, Zahara, born 20 October 2012.
Return to > Players > M > Marcos Baghdatis Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Marcos Baghdatis Pictures)