Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by father, Yuri Kirilenko
- Mother's name is Olga; engaged to NHL player Alexander Ovechkin
- Started playing at age 7 when father introduced her to game at Dinamo Moscow Central Stadium
- Favorites include movies The Butterfly Effect and Story of a Knight, classical music (especially Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach or Beethoven), books The Three Musketeers, Twenty Years After, Notre-Dame de Paris, White Fang and short stories by O'Henry
- Speaks Russian and English
- Also enjoys soccer, basketball and ice hockey
- Relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing, cooking
- Tennis players most admired are Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Jennifer Capriati for on-court style and attitude.
Return to > Players > M > Maria Kirilenko Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Maria Kirilenko Pictures)