Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing at age six and born in Samarkand (second-largest city in Uzbekistan) and resides in Istanbul
- Father, Kahor (is deceased), mother, Madiya, is a teacher
- Speaks Turkish, Russian and English
- Away from tennis, enjoys playing Playstation…Idol growing up was Russian Yevgeny Kafelnikov…First coached by Veliev Setyaya and Alexander Piskunov helped him a lot to improve his game as a young junior…His favourite shot is forehand cross-court and favourite surface is hard courts…Hobbies are reading and listening to music
- Career ambition is to finish inside the Top 100 for 10 consecutive years
- Coached by Can Uner (since July 2007).
Return to > Players > M > Marsel Ilhan Profile (Biography)