Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by Yu Fung Ming, but normally travels alone (sometimes with brother or father)
- Baseliner who prefers hardcourts; best shot is forehand
- Born in Hu Nan, grew up in Beijing and resides in Shen Zhen
- Father's name is Yuan; mother's name is Li; brother is Jun Yuan
- Started playing at age 8 at school, introduced by Chen Jing, the tennis coach there; now trains in a club in Shen Zhen
- Idolized Monica Seles and Michael Chang
- Enjoys listening to music, reading books, watching television and playing Nintendo Gameboy
- Also enjoys running, playing basketball and ping pong
- Most memorable experience of tennis career to date was first Tour main draw appearance at Bangkok in 2005
- If she hadn't been a tennis player, would have been a tennis coach.
Return to > Players > M > Meng Yuan Profile (Biography)