Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis at age six..Father, Mikhail, passed away; mother, Lubov, is an economist
- Has one older brother, Andrei, who has played mostly pro Futures events in his career from 1998-2000
- Compiled outstanding junior results, reaching final of Australian Open juniors in 1999 (l. to Pless)
- Childhood hero was Stefan Edberg and “liked his mentality”
- At age 13, ballboyed for Russia-U.S. Davis Cup final in Moscow in 1995 and posed for photos with U.S. members Courier, Sampras and Todd Martin
- Gives military style salute to fans after big wins with racket above his head with left hand and salute with right
- Wife, Yulia (married Nov. 22, 2008 in Moscow); son, Maxim, was born on Dec. 4, 2009
- Fitness trainer is Oleg Mosiakov and coached by Boris Sobkin (since age 10).
Return to > Players > M > Mikhail Youzhny Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Mikhail Youzhny Pictures)