Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Currently without a coach
- Mother, Hannelore, has a PhD; father, Wolfgang, is a doctor (was European junior shotputting champion); older sister, Sunna, also played tennis (played pro but injured her shoulder and stopped)
- Started playing at age 3 because sister played; was introduced to the sport by her family
- Favorite surface is hard but likes all courts
- Inspired by Steffi Graf (had same clothes and racquet when she was young)
- Best tennis memory is first Premier-level title at Paris [Indoors] in 2013 (same city where her father became European junior shotputting champion)
- Often stayed in tents in the early stages of her career
- Favorite tournaments are Stuttgart and Bastad
- Goal is to keep improving and to be the best she can be.
Return to > Players > M > Mona Barthel Profile (Biography)