Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Nicolas Pierre Armand Mahut
- Began playing tennis at age five
- Mother, Brigitte, passed away in March 2005; Father, Philippe, is a retired computer engineer
- Has three older brothers, Dominique, Stephane, and Jean-Philippe, one older sister, Delphine, and 10 nephews/nieces
- Joined Tennis Etudes juniors at age 11 in France
- Admired Pete Sampras, Yannick Noah and Michael Jordan
- Likes going to movies (favorite movie is Matrix), listening to music (Oasis, John Mayer) and soccer (supports Paris Saint-Germain)
- Captured US Open junior doubles title in 1999 (w/Benneteau)
- Biggest moment in tennis was winning Wimbledon junior title in 2000 (d. Ancic) and most difficult time was transition to the pro circuit
- .Between 22-24 June 2010 at Wimbledon on Court 18, played longest match in tennis history, losing to Isner 64 36 67(7) 76(3) 70-68 in 1st RD
- He later wrote the book "Le match de ma vie" (The match of my life) about epic Wimbledon match against Isner
- His wife, Virginie, gave birth to a son, Natanel (3.035kg, 49cm), on 18 August 2011.
Return to > Players > N > Nicolas Mahut Profile (Biography) (Nicolas Mahut Pictures)