Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Olivier Laurent Pierre Rochus
- Nicknamed "Olli"
- Began playing tennis at age six along with his older brother Christophe who plays on the ATP World Tour
- Has one younger brother, Pierre
- His future ambition is to win Davis Cup title with his brother, whom he considers his best friend on circuit
- Father, Jean-Paul, is a doctor; mother, Anne, is a dentist
- Favorite player growing up was Pete Sampras
- Ambition as a child was "to be tall". Advanced to junior SF at Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 1997
- Won Wimbledon junior doubles title (w/Federer) in 1998
- Finished No. 11 in junior rankings in 1997 and No. 19 following year
- Also played table tennis and handball as a youngster
- Considers backhand and return as strengths and favorite surface is hard courts
- First represented Belgium in Davis Cup in 2000
- ATP Newcomer of Year in 2000
- Elected to ATP Player Council in June 2006
- Fitness trainer is Patrick Meur.
Return to > Players > O > Olivier Rochus Profile (Biography) (Olivier Rochus Pictures)