Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing tennis aged six with his older brother, Tobias, in front of the garage
- Nicknamed "Ozzy" or "Pipo" by friends
- Father, Josef, was the head of the Vorarlberg tax office; mother, Waltraud, is a housewife
- Older sister, Verena, and older brother, Tobias, who has seven children
- Hobbies include listening to his favourite band, U2, watching his favourite local ice-hockey team, VEU Feldkirch, skiing in winter and going to movies
- Childhood heroes were Pete Sampras and Bono Vox
- Favourite shot is serve
- His practice base is the tennis academy "Campus" in Dornbirn
- Fitness coach is Francesco Ceriani and tennis coaches are Nick Carr and Joachim Kretz.
Return to > Players > P > Philipp Oswald Profile (Biography)